Thursday, June 13, 2013

Projects started: 745 Projects finished: 6 *sigh*

I'm a bit ADD, and a lot project-ADD. It sounds faintly amusing, but is actually very frustrating to -want- to make things, and -start- making things, but eventually find yourself with 745 things that still need -finished-.
I hadn't crocheted in about 9 months, til recently. Made a little hat for granddaughter; 1st hat, 1st use of cotton yarn. One complete do-over early on, some starts and stops while figuring things out. But it's done! Then came the little flower embellishment; not essential but I wanted to. Again a first. Again, stops and starts. Now it's done! On to a leaf or two! First attempt, and I was ready to steamroll over anything connected to crochet in this house. Set it aside. Looked up more patterns today, started one. After 3 partial re-dos while in progress, I made my own similar version. Close to the end, phone rings. No cordless down here. Set laptop aside (reading pattern online), set partial leaf aside, semi-trot to phone..inadvertently pulling yarn ball apart as I go *sigh* Get out of it while still going, foot still in, remove it, answer phone..and it's someone wanting money.
Now, truth is, I could use some money also! But I don't just call people up asking for it, no matter how good my reasons. Unless something comes up, and I need to call Haley, my best bet <3. As I'm waiting for a polite point I can tell caller no, I'm looking out the door window and see one of the pups tangled in the bush. Again. Looks like head is either stuck or he is eating something..bird?! Get rid of caller, untangle pup, and finally get back to leaf..and hallelujah, it hadn't come undone!
First leaf is now finished :)

No comments:

Post a Comment